Sunday, February 1, 2009

Along the Way

I wanted to mention a few of the highlights from the four days of traveling, so here they are in list-form:

1. The special "baby flotation" device, provided by Emirates Airlines and featured in the in flight safety video. (Think car seat surrounded by an innertube.)

2. The delicious lemony berry smoothie that I purchased in Dubai. The guys at the ice cream shop were playing something called flying ice-cream, where one stands behind the counter and throws a scoop of ice cream to the guy on the other side of the counter who catches it in a waffle cone.

3. Mr. Nice (taxi driver)

4. The wooden rocking chairs at Logan Airport in Boston. These were lined up along a big East facing window just outside my departure gate and helped to relieve my travel rage.

5. The flight from New York to Dubai was made much more comfortable due to the fact that I was sitting beside an off duty Emirates employee. He told me that usually he would have been sitting in Business Class, but the flight was completely full except for one economy class seat. So, he arranged to have the vacant seat located right next to him which also meant, right next to me.

1 comment:

  1. wooden rocking chairs would be perfect to diffuse my travel rage, too!

    ReplyDelete